Dare uses an Australian wax called Lycon which is trusted and known around the world as “the wax of choice in top spas and salons in over 40 countries”. The range of waxes will include Hot and Strip waxes to ensure the waxing process is less painful while leaving as little redness as possible.
If there is an area on the body we haven’t mentioned on our menu, don’t hesitate to inform us of your request, so we can come up with a customised price for the service.
General rules for waxing
- Your hair needs to be ¼ inch long or 4 weeks growth to be able to be waxed
- Please do not trim before coming for a wax; this causes the hairs to be blunt and short, making it harder for the therapist.
- Your skin may be sensitive after waxing for up to 24hrs, so be careful when sun tanning, hot showers, deodorants, exfoliator’s etc.
- No waxing while on/taking Accutane or any other skin thinning medications
- Pregnancy or menstrual cycles may increase your body’s sensitivity levels
- Exfoliate your body 3-4 times weekly to avoid ingrown hairs
- Moisturizing the skin daily will decrease dead skin build up and allow for easier waxing
- Wax every 4 weeks to maintain and regulate hair growth (the longer it is the more it hurts)
You may have heard the phrase “no question is a silly question”; this definitely applies to waxing and tanning. If you have any questions you wish to ask no matter how big or small please don’t hesitate to contact us. At Dare we understand waxing and tanning for the first time can be embarrassing and you may feel a little intimated at first, but please don’t! Dare therapists do these services daily and are here to help you feel more comfortable with your experience.